Fun Winter Events in Muskoka
Blog by Susan Brown | December 11th, 2014
There are a whole lot of interesting events happening in Muskoka at this time of the year. Here are just some of the exciting holiday events that you can attend with family and friends.
Scrooge the Concert
- When: December 20, 2014, Saturday, 7:00 pm-8:30 pm
- Where: Trinity United Church- Huntsville: 33 Main St. E., Huntsville ON, P1H 2B8
- Tickets Prices: Adults $20.00 / Children 12 and under $10.00
- For more info, contact Valerie Houston-Peel at email@example.com or call 705-767-1177
Watch as Temple Nights Productions brings to life one of the most popular charactersCharles Dickens ever created.
SantaFest & Thank Santa Day
- When: SantaFest: December 20 (Saturday) & December 22 (Monday)
Thank Santa Day: December 27, 2014 (Saturday), 11:00 a.m.—4:00 pm
- Where: Santa’s Village, Bracebridge Muskoka
- Ticket Prices: $8 per person, but kids under 3 years old can enter for free! Tickets available at the event.
- For more info, you can visit their website here
Bring your kids to meet and take photos with the adorable and friendly Santa Claus. There will also be fun activities that kids can take part of, from arts and crafts, to face painting, gingerbread cookie decorating and coloring. There will also be a petting zoo, a bonfire where kids can roast marshmallows, as well as horse drawn sleigh rides at the park.
Christmas Eve Fireworks & Torchlight
- When: December 24, 2014 Wednesday, 5:00-7:00 pm
- Where: Hidden Valley Highlands and Ski Area
- For more info,contact Red River Ski Area. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 575-754-2223 or 800-331-7669 toll free.
Watch as the snow school instructors and ski patrollers glide down the ski hill in a glorious parade of lights. Kids are in for a treat as Santa Claus will be descending down the hill to spread some Christmas cheer with gifts.
There will also be yummy cookies and hot chocolate to be given away in the chalet and a live musical performance of heart-warming Christmas carols to look forward to.